Meet and Greets with our Docs!
We recommend that you begin interviewing pediatricians as early in your pregnancy as you can. We believe that the physicians and staff of Howard Coounty Pediatrics will come highly recommended by your obstetrician. Perhaps even your friends have children here at HoCo Pediatrics — be sure to ask them!
Meet and Greet interviews are free of charge and are available on different days and times depending on which provider you select. Here are a few questions that you may wish to ask during the Meet and Greet interview:
- How soon after birth will my baby be seen?
- Most hospitals ask for the name of your pediatrician before you deliver. That way, if there are complications during your pregnancy or delivery, your baby can be examined by their pediatrician at birth, otherwise your baby’s first examination will take place by one of our doctors within the first 24 hours after birth. Our doctors see babies at Howard County General Hospital. If you deliver at another hospital, we ask that you call our office to schedule a follow up a day or 2 after you and your new baby are discharged from the hospital.
- Do I need to make an appointment if I have questions?
- Please, call us anytime! Our qualified Triage Team is available Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm to answer your questions. And have helpful resources here, so please feel free to look around. After hours, phone calls are answered by our call center, with our on-call physician always available to answer urgent questions.
- What is the checkup and immunization schedule?
- We follow the guidelines established by The American Academy of Pediatrics. They recommend checkups at 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, and 30 months. Checkups should be scheduled annually after that. Check your insurance to confirm which well visits are covered.